Energy Saving Measures
Energy saving is considered today as vital, as far as the environmental protection and the saving of energy resources is concerned, as well as the reduction of the cost of energy consumption.
KRITONENERGY undertakes the study, the supervision, the installation and maintenances of energy saving systems for both residential and industrial sector. Our experience in implementation of specific and innovative energy saving projects is significant for the evaluation of the energy saving potential of a residential or commercial building. Our scientific knowledge help us evaluate the energy saving potential of an industry, as well.
More specifically KRITONENERGY undertakes:
- Technoeconomic and feasibility studies of energy saving projects
- Implementation of energy saving projects
- Innovative products and technologies in the field of energy saving projects
KRITONENERGY undertakes the implementation of energy saving measures of residential buildings within the national program “Exoikonomisi Kat Oikon” of the Ministry of Energy Environment and Climate Change. Indicative energy saving measures include:
- External thermal insulation of walls, roof, etc
- Replacement of conventional heating system with new that utilizes renewable energy systems
- Replacement of frames with new double-glazed energy frames
- Installation of solar thermal hot water systems
- Installation of shading systems
- Installation of renewable electricity generation systems
- Energy saving measures at heating and cooling systems
- Design of best solution of artificial lighting (replacement with LED lamps)
The final energy consumption in Greece in 2011 was 216.714 GWh, 17,83% of which (38.639 GWh) comes from the Greek Indusrty. The consumption breakdown to each fuel in 2011 includes 54,21% of fossil fules, 7,92% of renewables and 37,87% of electricity.
The energy intensity (consumption of energy per product manufactured unit) of the Greek Industry is higher as compared to the other EU Member States that present similar industrial structure and development. This means that Greek Industry presents low energy efficiency. Therefore, the energy saving potential of the industrial sector is significant besides the fact that energy costs hold a small part of the final product cost.
The energy saving measures that could be implemented by a Greek industry vary from a simple low cost “energy tidying” to high cost and medium-short term depreciation energy saving measures. In any case, an energy saving project must be planned and implemented in consideration with techno-economic criteria in order to fulfill the particular needs and demands of the specific industry and address particular problems that result in high energy consumption.
KRITONENERGY undertakes feasibility studies for the implementation of such energy saving measures in industries. For that purpose, we accomplish specific extensive energy audit. The methodology for the accomplishment of energy audits in industrial and commercial sector is specified within the Ministerial Decision D6/B/oik. 11038 (FEK 1526 B/27.07.199).